Blackheads or also known as open comedones are blocked pores consisted of keratin, sebum, and skin debris. Even though they do not represent a threat to your health, they can be really unattractive and unsightly. They usually appear on noticeable areas such as the nose and the chin.
Fortunately, you can eliminate blackheads quickly without the usage of the commercial products which not only will not provide the desired effects but can have side-effects.
Home Remedies for Blackheads
Factors like hormonal changes in the body, excessive use of cosmetic products, improper skin care, stress and genetics contribute to this problem.
There are many prescription medicines for the treatment of blackheads, but you can always try natural home remedies.
1. Baking Soda
- Take two teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with mineral water to make a paste.
- Use the paste and apply it generously on the affected skin area and massage gently.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow it to dry before rinsing it off with warm water.
- It is better to repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
- Use enough water or apple cider vinegar and mix it to form a paste that is thick but still applicable.
- Cover your face with a thinner layer of paste using clean fingertips and let it sit for 10-25 minutes, depending on how long you are letting it dry.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and moisturize as usual.
- Using distilled water (free of contaminants), cook enough oatmeal to cover your blackheads.
- Cool oats to room temperature before applying to affected areas.
- Leave on for ten to twenty minutes then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy at least once per day.
CONTINUE READING ON NEXT PAGE